Friday, November 09, 2007

What Is It About Jack And Babies?













I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop about Jack
and babies. All the way back in Season 1 where Jack
doesn't rat out his dad until he learns the dead patient
was pregnant to his worries pre-marriage about having
kids to his reaction to Sarah's negative pregnancy test
to his "whole truth" discussion with Sun and Kate
where he says:

Sun, my advice and... and it's just that because I'm
the last person to ask about this, but... you should
tell him. And when you do you should tell him everything...
the whole truth.


Why is Jack the last person to ask about telling the
truth when it comes to pregnancy? I was hoping Sarah
was going to be pregnant in Jack's first Season 3
flashback, A Tale of Two Cities, but if she was
she wasn't showing and I guess TPTB decided to use Sun
and Jin instead of Jack and Sarah as the "who's the baby
daddy?" couple.

Although I guess the very pregnant Sarah of the end of
Season 3 could be pregnant with Jack's baby. Is that
why it's a bad idea for Sarah to drive Jack home? It's
always been speculated that Jack's last flash occurred in
2007 because of his cell phone, but what if it's 9 months
after a "false negative" test just before Sarah leaves Jack?

I really hope that's not the case because I don't want to
see the LOST writers get as sloppy as those on a certain
other show that airs on Mondays, but there's always seemed
to be something about babies that strikes a chord with Jack,
and I want to know what it is.

And while we're on the subject of pregnancies, do you think
someone was actually flying with a pregnancy test or was the
Widmore kit in the Swan?

1 comment:

Capcom said...

Well this is a question about something that I never really noticed before. And would the new mobisode conversation count in this category? That is, how Jack says to CS, "Are you trying to tell me somethihng?"